Lately I have really been working with my camera and starting to learn much more about how to use all the functions. Mostly just basic photography stuff. I think I defiantly have an eye for capturing moments, I just need to learn how to get my camera to portray my ideas and thoughts!
So this past Monday I did the photo shoot for Jen and Jay Jay as I had mentioned in a previous blog. I did a shoot for the Bigbies but it was getting dark and we had limited time due to Larry's practice running late. There were still a couple good ones but not really what I imagined. Here are a couple I like of the Bigbies....


So I was not as happy with their pictures as I was with Jay Jay and Jens. It was a beautiful day out and we were out for about 3 hours. I took a ton of shots, and some I feel are really good. I was pretty proud of myself since I am very amateur, and all I know is what I taught myself. The "feel" of the engagement photos are much like when Steve and I did ours, brought back some great memories! (Our photographer was basel from preciousmemoriesphotography.net) I did all the shots on Manual settings and tried really hard to get the exposure right. The lighting was great because of the beautiful day, at some points with the sun coming through buildings and trees there were a few tough moments with harsh shadows, but overall I really am happy with the pictures, as are they! And that's all that really matters!! I also recently got a new lens for my camera which really helped with getting both near and far shots. If you would like to check them out they are on my smugmug account under Jen and Jay Jay. Feel free to leave some comments of what you think!
Here are a few of my favorites.. since my smug mug has over 600lol.
(Also just want to say I do not have photoshop)

I also want to say I really appreciate Jen and Jay Jay letting me practice on them!! :) As well as the Bigbies, just wish I could have done a better job for them. Just not that good yet in low lighting..
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Photo shoot with Jen and Jay Jay
Posted by Steve & Amanda at 6:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
We totally appreciate you doing the pictures for us! You did a great job and we love so many of the pictures! Can wait to get them developed and put them around our house! Thanks again and you can practice on us... anytime! xoxo
Post a Comment